Serving Those Serving’s “Help! I Need Somebody!” page is meant to be a referral service only. The following list of resources will change on a regular basis depending on community feedback. Do you know of a resource that isn’t listed here, but should be? Please CONTACT US and we will review your request.
African Community Services
- Workforce development orientation, training, job placement, retention services, etc.
Center for Asians and Pacific Islanders (CAPI)
- Bilingual services (Somali, Hmong, Lao, Karen), Immigrant Women’s Network, voting services, etc.
Centro Tyrone Guzman
- Latino referral to government offices, pathways out of poverty, children, youth and family support
Children’s Dental Services (up to age 26)
- Serving families from culturally diverse backgrounds, staff members are bi- or multilingual (American Sign Language, Cambodian, Dingo, Farsi, French, Hindi, Hmong, Karen, Korean, Russian, Serbo-Croatian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Ukrainian, Urdu, and Vietnamese), providing assistance applying for MA (Medical Assistance), also a sliding fee scale for income-eligible families
Comunidades Latinos Unidos en Servicios
- English/Spanish website providing employment services, workforce development, early childhood learning, community engagement, voter registration, etc.
Division of Indian Work
- American Indian youth, family, health and healing, culturally specific food shelf, etc.
Hennepin County Attorney’s Office – Victim/Witness Services
- Domestic Abuse Service Center - How to file an order of protection, laws about domestic abuse, interpreter services
Hennepin County Office of Multicultural Services
- Gateway for refugees, immigrants and new Americans, including interpreter services in 32 languages
Korean Service Center
- Translation services and advocacy in dealing with government, police, doctors and public assistance agencies, housing assistance, referrals, etc.
Lao Assistance Center
- Translation, government, police, doctors, and welfare advocacy, employment/job search assistance, tutoring, after school programs, housing assistance, etc.
Mexican Consulate/Consulado de Mexico
- Mexican/US Government relations, including protection of rights, passports, birth certificates, etc.
Neighborhood Health Source
- Interpreter services
New Immigrant Resources and Citizenship
Pillsbury United Communities
- Refugee resettlement and immigration social services, focusing on the areas of education, youth and family, wellness and nutrition, employment and training, asset creation, etc.
Sabathani Community Center
- (Hours: Monday–Thursday from 9–11:30 am and 1–3 pm)
- Assistance with food, clothing, English as a Second Language (ESL), GED Completion, etc.
University of Minnesota
- Interpreter services